Friday, November 30, 2007

"Kiiiitttttaaayyyy"

So in reality (for you and I) its really been over a week since the Minus the Bear show. Thanksgiving is long past...the Cougs whooped the Dawgs (ok with 34 seconds left...but it was in Husky Stadium). And in actuality, I'm sitting in an Amsterdam (via Madrid) airport waiting to fly to Nairobi (in about an hour). But I guarantee I'll be dead tired tomorrow night...scared of what's outside at night (common, my first day in Africa...you would be) and I will have time to get caught up on the last week's trip to Eindhoven and Barcelona.

For now, I'll leave you with this. I woke up the day after the Minus the Bear show to see this cat literally hanging out the window trying to launch itself at the ducks below in the canal. I thought I was going to be the witness to a kitty-cide and I could only picture Tyler running around in the morning calling "Kitty...Here Kitty...Mr. Pickles..." as the cat was getting ready to make its last leap of glory.



Thankfully, the gal in my room assured me that the owner opened the window frantically to save the cat later in the day. But, I kept this image as my screen saver for my last few days of Amsterdam.



Oh yeah, i forgot to share a picture of the shoes -- Shut up -- they're cool. And comfortable. Like little dancing shoes (made for a size 14 foot)...



Amsterdam wore me out -- but it was a good lesson learned.


Hope all is well and that you all are having fun doing what you do. I miss home a bit...but I think its more just the final shock of being in Africa. Everyone (included my conscience) has assured me that this will be a trip of a lifetime.


More to follow...

-Neil


2 comments:

Always said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Always said...

Looks like you're having a good time Neil. I'm happy to hear you're eating the good food and drinking the good wine. And reading books? What's gotten into you?

Be safe there in Africa, man. Wear lots of sunscreen be careful of the name your give your teddy bears.

Send some more pictures when you can.

Peace.