Wednesday, November 21, 2007

4 days on minimum wage

someone told me before i left for amsterdam -- neil, the best advice i can give to you is to lose your wallet -- everything -- for 4 days. ha! ha! i thought he was an idiot (and travis is...) but it was the best thing ever. prosst to you man.

so here i sit at an internet cafe in my hostel and i am very lucky. to have you as friends to have life....to be in fairly good shape (hey...fairly...) to have the most wonderful family in the world --- in spanish happy is arishima or something similar.

if you are reading this right now i would hope that you are smiling (or laughing your tail off).

so...i lose my wallet...i survive in amsterdam off beauty alone (no?) for 4 days and what to do now...? i do not take this trip as a last journey. this is very important to point out. i have a gorgeous neice (great neice) and a family that loves me very much as i love them. this is my beginning of a lifetime of peace. and good fortune or so i hope.

i will tell you one more story from today. i hope you share yours with me as well along the way-- just what you are doing as i miss you all very much. i went to a big breakfast and had what i thought to be truffels (mushrooms), however when the lady comes and i pay my bill -- i say to her -- ï love your truffels"-- and she says "no, this is snails""...fricken amsterdam.

peace be with you.
neil

3 comments:

DC said...

Neil, your journey has just begun and sounds like you're having a blast. We miss you too man. looking forward to meeting up w/ you in Barcelona and don't forget to bring some of that kind w/ you to share w/ an old buddy. Later Gator, safe travels - dc

Tabwazzu said...

Neil, as I said, no more donating! Save the clothes, souveniours and money donations for a country that needs it - like Africa, Indonesia, Mexico, California. It gets cold in Amsterdam this time of year, you need your rain coat. Love you, Ton, Karl and Karina

KdoGG said...

Neil, Just got back from Boise and watching Hawaii do there thing. Turkey coma coming on strong but the 211 is heavy. Aim high call me when you find your wallet, I think you owe me like 3000 bucks. Aim High kDogg